Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Here we are on the last day of 2011 - what a year it has been.  5-funerals, 2-weddings, 2-powerful Hineni events, son graduating high school and going into the Navy with a SWICK contract, my bank being sold and merged, 6-running races, and completed my first marathon... pretty full year.

I know I haven't posted thoughts yet on the marathon race/training but wanted to get a quick post on the race I did on 12/18/11 with all my kids - the Kirkland, WA 12-K's of Christmas.  The boys and I ran the 12K and my daughter ran the 5K, it was a fun morning and great to have a true family event.  (Alyson is the official family photographer).  It was "PR's" all around for the guys;  Blake ran a 7:02mpm, Ben ran 7:21mpm, and I ran a 7:44mpm over the 7.5-mile course - we celebrated with lunch at Red Mill Burger in Ballard!  Here is a pre-race picture of the family.

The guys ran in these blue shirts which are Run to Remember - a living memorial to the soldiers who are currently serving or have lost their lives in service of our Country http://www.wearblueruntoremember.org/  With both the boys going into the service it was a great way to honor those that are serving.  Also of note, the back of the shirts list the names of soldiers lost from joint-base Lewis/McChord here in Tacoma - on the back of the shirt is the name of Joe White, a family friend of Alyson and the kids from their home school group who lost his life in Iraq two years ago.

In closing, a book recommendation to close out the year, two thumbs up here and a highly recommend;



No comments:

Post a Comment