Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rough day - good run

Rough day at the office but was able to get a quick run in before the 7:20pm ferry home.  I only had about 20-minutes to run and knew that if I got home there was no-way I was going back out to run.  So I made up my mind that 20-minutes of running was better that zero-minutes and I would push-it and see how fast I could go.  Ended up being very happy with a 7:39 pace over 2.33 miles.  I'll tell you, a year ago I would have never guessed this old man could have gone at that pace, I'm grateful for healthy legs and lungs!!!  Hope tomorrow to get a longer run in and start to stretch out some miles but enjoyed my "speed run".  OK,seriously - I gotta comment on this... I track miles and pace on the Brook's Running Club group on Facebook.  Once you put in the details of the run you then are ask to note what "type of run" - this old guy has two answers... (1) long run and (2) Tempo.  Never thought I would click on "speed" but today I did and it felt pretty good.  That said, I will take a long run any day over this type of speed.  Now if I could have a long run with this speed, that would be ok :)

No comments:

Post a Comment