Thursday, January 27, 2011

Injury sidelined :(

The foot pain got worse and worse so I opted to "rest" for 1-week.  I've been in the gym on the elliptical and/or stairmachine - enjoyed getting the heart rate up and a sweat going but man, it's just not the same.  So tonight I finished a meeting at 4:40 so headed down to the ferry and parked - determined to get a run in.  Made up my mind that slow was ok and didn't care about the distance, was simply going to run at an easy pace and let the foot tell me the right pace.  So off I wnet and although the foot was "sore" I didn't have any shooting pain.  I fought the pace and when I got going too fast the foot started "speaking" and I slowed - a couple of times actualy moved down to a walk and then gently flexed the foot as I walked to stretch out the muscle.  So not too bad for a first run, probably pushed the distance a bit hard ending up with a 6-mile run but was ok on the run/walk/stretch.  Time will tell as the evening goes on, I've been using a foot roller to massage while sitting in the car and I'll ice it tonight when I get home.  It was great to be out and running the legs, even if it was at a slower pace.

Good to be back in the game and looking forward to a regular trining week and some real mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment