Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slow start to 2011

No posts in the last few weeks and that's been a combination of work demands, family schedule, and some foot pain.  The foot pain is somewhat concerning since 2-years ago I had plantar fasciatis and I DO NOT want to go down that road again.  Been hitting the gym more than road work so I can be on the treadmill and then pivot off that to either the stairs or the elliptical  -  all boring indoor work but trying to allow time for the foot to heal and not get any worse.  I must be a true runner since I'm highly concerned about "what will I do if I can't run"... especially with a very stressful schedule in January and February.

On top of the issues above, January has been difficult, lost two friends in the last 10-days to cancer and that certainly is sobering and causes pause to ponder and look at priorities.  One friend I know had claimed Jesus as his Lord and Savior so I'm at peace for him.  The other friend I don't know.  He passed away sunddenly and unexpectedly Saturday and I had spent 50-minutes Saturday morning on the treadmill praying for him - only God knows where the heart was - I hope he is in the loving care of God.

Ferry is docking and I'm off the gym for some treadmill and elliptical work - based on the above I am grateful and thankful for strong legs, lungs, heart, and body - I have much to be grateful for.  God's blessings are new every morning

No comments:

Post a Comment