Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years day 10-K

2011 is here and underway.  The mileage tracks roll back to zero and we start adding again and the year is full of hope and opportunity.  The year started for me with a New Years day 10K down in Gig Harbor, WA.  The race started at 9:00 so we left the house at 7:30 to get there and get checked in, at race time the temp was 23-degrees, chilly for this Western Washingtonian!  It was a small race which made it really fun but also very hilly, over 1,000' total ascending according to my trustee Garmin.  It was a fun run and I was pleased with my time and pace right under 8:00/mile, especially with the hills.  My wife said I was a bit frosty at the finish and when I saw the picture I agreed - sunny but cold!  After the race we celebrated with a Starbucks coffee and a donut and then drove to Bellingham to pick up my daughter who had spent the week with her cousins.  It was a nice day to be with my wife and just have time together and starting the year with a race is a good thing I've decided,  Sunday was also sunny and cold so I got a run in at home which worked out some of the kinks from the race and sitting in the car for 7-hours right after the race.  Here are a couple of pictures from the race;



 

Frosty finish


No comments:

Post a Comment