Thursday, March 3, 2011

Running for fun

Had a great evening tonight up in the Green Lake area.  Road Runner held their first "1st Thursday Run" and it was great.  The rain cleared up and it was dry but chilly, all ok.  A small group turned out, I'm sure due to the weather, but it was a friendly group.  The run had various "stations" to hit during the 1-hour run and then they had a drawing for some great prizes - (New Balance shoes, fuel belts, sock packets, etc) I got skunked but then again I never win raffles so my expections were low.  That said, had a fun evening with some nice folks.  Next event will be the 1st Thursday on April - recommend it and I hope to run it again

Foot is feeling better and I managed to get 31-miles logged last week and then started this week off on Sunday with a 9.5 mile run.  It was one of those runs where I had a bit of everything, weather wise, during the run.  Started off in rain, climbed a couple of hills and had hail and snow, then back to rain and ended the last 1.5 miles with sunshine - you just gotta love the Pacific Northwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment