Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mileage challenged

A good run tonight and only got back to the car with seconds to spare before the cars were loaded. Did 4-miles and the first two miles were paced around 8:20mpm, the return leg was driven by seeing the ferry WAY AHEAD of me that resulted in 7:53 and 7:48 minute miles, I think they call that a "negative split" which is a good thing I hear. I'm healthy, for which I'm grateful, but my miles are under goal due to limited time and schedules. I'm not getting the longer runs (7-8 miles) in mid-week and need to double up on the longer runs during the weekend in prep for the Snoqualmie Half in May – time to focus!

I continue to be so grateful for the blessings God brings into my life. God has proven himself to be so real and faithful to me and I see it afresh every day. I’ve been praying for increased patience and learning to surrender daily to God’s will – in that I see His patience and Grace. A real-time example was driving into the office, I was praying and surrendering the day to God, asking Him to give me the patience and boldness to meet whatever God allows me to participate in. As I’m praying I come over the Spokane St overpass and there was Seattle’s finest with a radar gun… no ticket, just a finger pointing down and the mouthed words “slow it down” – God’s grace (maybe God meant it bigger than just my car speed...?). I am learning that resting and waiting in God’s timing is a good place to be. My role is to keep moving, do all that I do to the best of my ability to honor God, and then be open to participate in God’s moving when He allows me to participate. Plenty of challenges at the office and in life overall but I know to whom I belong – the Living God!

No comments:

Post a Comment