Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SPRING, sprang, sprung!!

Spring is really here!  Regardless of what the calender says, it really is here - at least for today.  Ok, yes I admit I have spring fever.  What a beautiful day it was in Seattle and I capped it off with a great 4.75 mile run along the waterfront in low 50-degree, sunny conditions.  To cap it off, my pace reflected my spirit - quickened.  Did the run in 38 minutes which worked out to an average pace of 7:57mpm.  Glad to see I've still got the pace in me after the last few weeks where my average pace was in the 8:30 to 8:45 mpm range so as my son and I prepare for our 12-K in 3 weeks this run today was encouraging.

I have so much to be thankful for and on days like this it is like a magnifying glass - look up and see the beauty and goodness of God in all areas of your life.  I love the chapters in Genesis about Abraham - if you read them through you see where good things happend for him when "he lifted up his eyes".  Hebrews 12:2 encourages us to "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith" and when we do, God has good things for us to see and experience.  I am grateful to God for His faithfulness, forgiveness and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment