Thursday, March 10, 2011

Windy & wild

Wow - talk about an interesting run!  Tonight caught a short 4.5 mile run while waiting for the ferry.  What made it so interesting was the 40+ mph winds!  Puget Sound looked like a "tempest in a teapot" and the waves were crashing along the boardwalk, very fun.  Had the pleasure of chasing my hat twice and got a bit of ocean spray.  I guess all I can say is yeehaaa baby :) 

Also today went to see a foot Doc and my pain has now been officially diagnosed as plantar fasciatis - bummer.  That said I'm still getting mileage and it appears that the cause is tied to the incorrectly molded insert I ran on for a couple of months ago and is coupled with very tight calf muscles - yes I was reprimanded for not stretching.  So I keep on running and I'm glad it's not a "full blown" case.  I've got the green light to keep going but to stretch and wear the "boot" at night - so really not all bad.  Glad to be healthy

No comments:

Post a Comment