Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend run

What a great weekend!  Saturday my daughter had a competitive jump rope tournament which my wife and I worked as part of the "parent team" - it was a fun event but I was glad to catch a quick break from the 12-hour day and hit the road for a quick 4.5 mile run.  Timing was perfect as I ran in the cool sunshine and enjoyed being out of the gymnasium for some fresh air and sunlight.  By the time I grabbed a quick shower and got back to the gym, the clouds had rolled in and the rain had started - made being inside the rest of the afternoon a lot more contented.  Today, after a great morning in church, my wife, daughter, son and I jumped on the ferry for Seattle.  My son and I ran and my wife and daughter walked the water front in a cool but sunny afternoon, it was great.  My son and I did 10-miles and we made it all the way from the ferry out to Fisherman's Terminal in Ballard, then turned around and made it back for the 4:40 ferry.  It was a great afternoon of running and conversation and the people watching in Seattle on winter sunny days is increadible - between the different people and their dogs, it was a very entertaining run but what I enjoyed most of all was the time with my son while we trained for our Half in May.  I am truly a blessed man in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment