Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fun Run + 12K

A quick post to stay somewhat current.  Tonight I did the RoadRunner Sport monthly fun run around Green Lake - a great evening to get 5.5miles in.  The day cleared up around 4:00 and the temp was a perfect 50 degrees.  That to Paul and Kristin for letting me "shadow" them so I could find the businesses and at least have a shot at some raffle items - no big wins but picked up a couple of "toss-outs".  A fun event and I recommend to anyone in the area.

This Sunday my son and I are doing the Seahawks 12-K in Renton.  Decently prepared and looking forward to a fun time with my son.  This is a benchmark race for me to see how close I am to "ready" for my Half Marathon in early May; not too far off but I do need to get some more miles in and hope to get a full 13-14 mile long run in next weekend to test myself.  Looking forward to the race(s) and the good weather that is more enjoyable to train in.  Hope to have a couple of pictures to update the blog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment