Sunday, April 10, 2011

12-K completed today

My son and I completed the 12-K today and had a blast.  The weather cooperated and although the morning started with a light drizzle and some cooler temps, we caught the 7:05am ferry and made it over to Renton with no problems.  We got registered and we're ready to go when the horn sounded at 9:00 sharp.  The event was well organized and the course was fun, it was "out-and-back" and the turn-around point was the Seahawks training facility on Lake Washington.  It was a great group of people that participated (1,300 of them) so it was very fesitive and just a good time.  As I expected, my son beat me handily - even with the 3-minutes "age handicap" he spotted me.  He finished at 56:00 and I was 1:00 so even though he ran a 7:30mpm and I was at 8:01mpm we both walked away from the race pleased with our time and results.

After the race we enjoyed a lunch at Red Robin which allowed us both sufficient time to stiffen up and then we caught the 1:10 ferry home.  I washed a car and he went off to play a "pick-up" game of soccer; oh yeah - run 7.5miles and then go play soccer for 2-hours, Ohh to be 18 again!!!!

It was a fun day and I love doing this with my sons - we are no dialing up our training in prep for the Half Marathon we have scheduled on May 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment