Saturday, April 30, 2011

Weekend Run

Starting to get back in the game with a 7-mile run today after being "off:" for the last week.  I lost track of my route and was on the back-side of the run when I realized I was on my 7-mile loop, not the 5 or 6 mile loop I had planned.  My time was slow at 9 mpm but that was just about right, stopped 3x due to coughing fits, but at the end of the run a few hits on the inhaler and a hot shower cleared the coughing a bit.  Felt great to be back on the road but I could tell the lungs were not 100%.  Sunday is supposed to be almost 70-degrees so I'm hoping to get another run in and will push a bit harder and/or further to get a benchmark on my ability to go 13.1 next Saturday.

After my run tomorrow I'll get my mileage tracks updated to see how I'm doin - with the run today I salvaged a "nil" report for last week - I'll take what I can get.  Looking forward to church in the morning - enter into His presence with thanksgiving and praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment