Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2-days to race time

A quick post, days are counting down to my next Half on Saturday and I'm trying hard to get my lungs in shape after fighting bronchitis for the last couple of weeks.  Feeling much better and got a couple of runs in this weekend and today Seattle was blessed with a beautiful day - sunny and high 60's.  So, I skipped a boat on the way home and got 8-miles in; my longest run in 3-weeks.  It felt pretty good but I could feel the lack of training in the last 1.5 miles; I'm sure I can finish the 13.1 this weekend but don't know what my time will be.  Fortunately the weather forecast is good so we should have decent conditions for the race.  I'll get one more run on Thur then rest the legs and give it everything I've got on Saturday.

All the race stuff aside, what a great evening to be running along Seattle's waterfront.  Lots of people and dogs out taking advantage of the sunshine - it was great to be out!

No comments:

Post a Comment