Saturday, May 7, 2011

Snoqualmie Half completed

Doug's time
The much anticipated race day arrived and we were out the door at 6:30am to catch the 7:05 ferry.  A relatively clear day on Bainbridge quickly transitioned to "socked-in" and raining when we arrived in Snoqualmie - gotta love the Cascade Mtns!  All ready to go and Ben was a picture of cool-and-collected while I was a bit anxious, not sure how the bronchitis was going to effect me and the run.  The race started promptly at 9:00am and the Half-marathon group was smaller than I expected which was ok, 500 runners finished the Half.  A strong start and my hesitation grew into confidence and the race went well, off and on rain but not bad all things considered.  Ben finished at 1:46 minutes and I beat my prior race time with a 1:50 finish time, my pace was 8:27 so not bad considering the 13.1 distance.  My wife was there to capture some pictures and I have to give kudos to her, the day before Mother's Day and she is out in the rain taking pictures of her runners - thanks Hun!!

We're both pleased with our races and Ben is especially glad to have completed his Sr Year "PE" class.  A good day and it was a blast to race with my boy -he did great (I don't think he'll be signing up for another any time soon).  Here are a couple of pix from the day:
Pre-race at the Starting line

Pre-race jog - the only time I stayed with Ben's pace

Strong finish for Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment