Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring sunshine

A great evening run today along the waterfront.  The sun was out and it was a great 4.3 mile run - just me and half of Seattle (a little sunshine in Seattle makes the population grow!).  It is wonderful  to have the physical ability to run and push myself, something that is too easy to take for granted, but man - what if that went away in an instant...

So now that I completed the Snoqualmie Half, starting to poke around looking for a summer race and then possibly a full marathon in the fall.  Haven't picked either race yet but looking for fun runs to participate in and have a goal to shoot for and train towards.  I've really enjoyed the race environment and the people, it is a fun setting and the people are all nice, not a lot of conversation but a real sense of common focus and goal. 

I would love to find a way to mix my enjoyment of road races with my faith and I've been praying about how and what that might look like.  There is a great website and group in Tenn that is doing just that, I found their ad in an issue of Runner's World and took a look at their website - neat organization, take a look at the following link www.runforgod.com  I'm convinced more and more that we need to be more vocal and engaged in our society, showing the love and power of God in ways that truly honor Jesus.  I believe the "church" in America is too content to hunker down behind it's walls and welcome those that come in but show little faith in stepping out to the neighborhood in which it is placed.  What is there about Christianity today that would make someone "desire" what we have.  Scripture is full of the promises that God has sent Holy Spirit and through Him we have ability to cooperate in His work and supernaturally impact peoples lives.  I want to step into that and since I know God give us interests, desires, and abilities, we have the gift of "cooperating" with God and Holy Spirit in testifying of Jesus grace, love, and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment