Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hitting Stride

A beautiful Seattle evening and the family was scattered all over so I skipped a ferry and parked under the viaduct to take advantage of the sunshine and get a good run in.  Headed north along the waterfront and was not looking at my pace, just looking to run for a solid hour at a comfortable pace and I had a great time getting a workout in.  Ended up logging 8-miles in just over an hour and ended up a very respectable (for me) pace of 8:06.  I actually shocked myself by logging the first two miles at 7:45 and 7:23 respectively.  I honestly didn't know I could hit a 7:23 mile!  Maybe this weekend I'll do some work on the track and see how fast I can run a single mile, never tried that and it would be fun to know.

So a good run, enjoyed getting 8-miles in during the week and I'm grateful for many blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment