Saturday, May 28, 2011

Long weekend - Long Run

Blessed with a nice day here in Seattle and after two days of no-run, I was getting "grumpy & moody" like the shirt says that my daughter purchased for me.  Wasn't sure how far I was going to go, thought I would just head out and see how I felt.  After 3-miles I was feeling good so I thought I would stretch it out and blended into my 10-mile loop.  It was a good run and I felt really good all the way through, could have kept going but with the 3-day weekend ahead thought I would hold at 10-miles today and then shoot to get a longer run in on Sunday or Monday.  I am fighting a patella issue in my right knee though, it showed up about 1-week ago and really flares up on the downhill portions of the run.  I've had a patella strap that works on my IT band when it starts to "whine" and as long as I keep the strap good and tight it is helping my right knee.  Will do a bit of research online to see how I should be treating it post run.

Missed running 3-days this week but still managed to get 31-miles in total - not too bad.  Looking forward to a coffee with my wife this afternoon and a relaxing evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment