Friday, July 23, 2010

Waterfront run tonight

A blessing of the ferry commute is the chance to run along the waterfront when you miss a boat (this is the 'glass half full mindset' :) Got a nice 5-miles in and it is really amazing how my pace picks up on the return portion of the run when I see the ferry getting closer to the dock faster than I'm getting back to my car! Well, I guess any and all motivation is welcome to improve my pace. Run was good and the evening beautiful, God is good and his creation is fantstic. One of the enjoyments of this run route is all the people and the dogs, especially on a nice evening. It's easy to see the vastness of God's creation in nature, people, and especially the dogs - no one can say God doesn't have a sense of humor!!!

Looking forward to the weekend and getting a good long run in on the Island - forcast looks good and I'm ready to relax with my family - Decided to do the Seafare Torchlight 8-k next Saturday and signed up my son too - that should be fun but he'll blow my doors off I know, still good to do something like that together, it'll give him one more thing to say he beat his old-man at. All good!

No comments:

Post a Comment