Friday, July 30, 2010

Running, Miracles, and my foot healed

Ready for the weekend! Got my run in tonight courtesy of the WSF system running 50-minutes late, oh well, a good run can fix many ills :) Looking forward to the race tomorrow evening - missed a lot of training runs this week due to work but the last two, Wed and Fri were both encouraging. I got 5-miles in on Wed at home (very hilly) and averaged a 8:34 pace. Tonight on the flat waterfront route did a 8:06 pace so I've got my goal for tomorrows run. After the race we'll skip the parade and hit Post Alley Pizza for a hearty celebration dinner.

A great recommended read is a book I just finished called The Dancing Hand of God by James Maloney. A great book on how God desires to "enhance" His reputation through signs, wonders, and miracles. It was also a great picture of His perfect plan in that by allowing us to participate and/or witness these miracles His reputation and glory is revealed and our faith is increased. There must be some sort of scientific term that describes this ever increasing cycle that is created in miracles building faith, more faith opens the doors for more miracles, which creates more faith, etc, etc - all the while people get to bask in the glory and majesty of the Eternal God. Kind of a neat way to see all that. I'm praying that God will continue to work in me and allow me to participate more!

More you say? quickly before the ferry docks - there are many miracles God has worked in my life but I was blessed last November in God healing my plantar fasciatis (sp?). I had struggled with this, and tried to run through it, for 3-4 months but was prayed over for healing and God miraculously healed my foot. The pain and issues were gone - done. No more hobbling out of bed in the morning or limping out of 2-hr meetings. AMEN and thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment