Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back at work & Seattle evening runs

Back in the saddle at work, it is good to be back and even better to have been missed (consider the alternative). Lot’s to do and the rapid pace does not take long to get back into but it is a great group of people I have been blessed to work with. Got Seattle runs in both yesterday and today. Only had 30-minutes for each but did 3.66 miles on Tues (8:18 pace) and 4.05 today (7:58 pace) – not bad for an old guy that is still working out the kinks from Sunday’s 13.1 mile run.

I’ll also briefly share, hoping it encourages others, that last week I ended up in a bit of a “funk” or some would say slight depression – don’t know why but I was there none the less. It was really great to see God’s faithfulness in drawing me back to Him. I went to the gym Monday to do a light workout on the elliptical and while doing that I listened to Chip Ingram, a podcast from early August – He spoke on depression and Psalm 77; it is a great reminder that we all hit “low points” in our lives and that a promise from God is that if we “willfully” seek to draw near to Him, even when we don’t feel like it, He is there. The Psalm also directs us to “remember” (verses 10-12) the things He has done for me. It actually walks us through the steps of (1) think. (2) remember the deeds, (3) remember your miracles, (4)meditate on your works, and (5) consider all your mighty deeds. I did actually walk through these and when I was done it was really clear that I have a big God who is more than able to handle my “big problems/concerns” – I need to trust and have faith. My God is able to exceedingly more than I can imagine when I trust and act in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment