Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend woe's

Today was a bummer of a run. After getting a good 8.5-miles in on Saturday I headed out this afternoon shooting to get 10+ miles in since it was a sunny afternoon and the Seahawks appeared to have the game under control. I arranged for my wife to pick me up at my Poulsbo office and headed out for the run. I knew I was in trouble early as I just didn’t feel “in synch” but thought I would push through it and get the miles down. I got to the bridge and was feeling pretty tired and at the 7.5 mile mark, my wife went driving past with a quick “honk-n-wave” – I waved and then quickly adapted and changed the "wave" to a “flag down” hoping she was looking in the rear view mirror. She kept on going so I stepped back up and headed down the road another ½-mile when I saw her car coming back towards me, oh happy day! I gave up the ghost at that point which was 8-miles, well shy of what would have been an 11.3 mile run. Don’t know what the issue was, too much lunch, not hydrated, etc, etc but it was a deflating run. I guess that happens and 8-miles was better than 0-miles but it shook my confidence a bit leading up to my first Half Marathon in 2-weeks.

I’ll rest tomorrow and then get back into the drill – I also think I’ve over-trained and not balanced my work with too much straight running and not enough rest days. I’ll dial that in over the next couple of weeks and hope to get the Half done in 1:45 or less.

Rest tomorrow as we get to meet a dear friend for dinner here on the Island. God bless and may the wind be at your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment