Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vacation is a good thing!

Well, I’m certainly enjoying the second week of vacation. This week of vacation is at home spending time with the kids and friends over coffee – a pretty good life if you ask me!

Today the boys and I went out for opening day of grouse season, we had a blast (literally). No birds to cook for dinner but the weather was great, we flushed 7-birds and missed them all, but it was a good day together and we did get to shoot the guns, although we were all behind the bird every time, a bit rusty. Here are a couple of pictures that captured the day.




It is impossible to be out on a day like today and not be thankful to God, my heavenly father. His creation is so spectacular, from the rising sun to the fog nestled in the valleys it cried out His love for us and that He wants good things for His children and He wants us to enjoy the pleasures he has created and given to us. I think the greatest reminder that I saw today in His creation is that He is really big – much bigger than I frequently invision Him and the really wonderful thing is that this really big God is really, really interested in me. He hears my prayers, He hears my cry to Him, and He answers and speaks to me – that is just awesome.

I did get home and then got to the gym with my daughter. Logged 3.5 miles on the treadmill which helped loosen up my legs from all the hiking, and the n the 2-hour drive home. I was really surprised by the workout from the hiking, packing 10-15lbs (guns, boots, ammo, vest, etc) on rocky and un-even abandoned logging roads for 6-hours, I was really tired and it was hard to get those 3.5 miles done. Hoping to get a good long run in either tomorrow or Fri and then start to get dialed in for the Bellingham Bay Half Marathon on the 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment