Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cool/Wet Running

So I can’t tell you how good it feels to be back on the road and getting some miles logged! After my “bummer run” on Sunday I took Mon and Tue off completely and was determined to get back in the routine today. All was looking good until about 3:30 when I look out the window and the clouds had rolled into Seattle and the drizzle rain started coming down – hmm, great excuse to skip today, plus I’m late getting away from the office and I don’t want to hit the gym and do treadmill work… So I fought the "evil wimp" and made up my mind to run, rain or dry at the ferry – boy I’m glad I did. Put on a rain jacket, left the iPod in the gym bag and headed out and it was a great run in the rain, really just a good generic Seattle drizzle with spouts of rain! Got 7.5 miles done in 1- hour so my pace was good and I felt really strong at the end (actually ended up chasing the ferry back so my last mile was the 3rd fastest split). That’s where the only bummer comes in – missed the 7:20 boat so I had to sit in the car, wet and stinky, for the 8:10. Makes for a late night and I miss the time at home with the family but a good run today and I’m mentally back in the game for the Sept 26th race.

Parting comment – I admit I’m a bit of a fair/dry weather runner, which is really hard to do in Seattle in the winter, but I get my “weekday winter miles” done at the gym on the treadmill and do road work on the weekends. That being said – I really enjoyed the peacefulness of the rain tonight – still lots of bikes and runners out but there was just a prevailing “calmness” in the city with the rain, it was very enjoyable. I think I’ll do more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment