Sunday, September 19, 2010

Had a good finish to the week with some treadmill work on both Thursday evening and Friday at lunch. Friday I was working on this side of the pond and had time between meetings to hit the gym versus eating lunch and got 50-minutes of running in for 6-miles. Doing those mid-day runs sure helps my productivity the rest of the afternoon! Saturday ended up being sunny and humid versus the forecasted rain so I hit the roads in the morning and got 5.5 miles in – I did my 5-mile loop in reverse and added a bit but was amazed at the different workout it provided. Total elevation didn’t change but the hills I typically go down are steeper and shorter than the ones I usually run up – really did change the feel of the workout. Today, got 8-miles in on the Island with only a little rain drizzle, overall a cooler and less humid day so the run felt good – it helped to mentally knock these runs out feeling strong at the end of each - good preparation, I think for my first ever Half next weekend. Starting to get a bit nervous and although I’ve told myself it’s not about the time, I just want to finish, I’m still looking for a sub-1:45 in the back of my mind. It will help next Saturday to drive the route and see what the elevation changes look like.

Church was really good this morning with the message from James 4:1-10 – overall the message was on conflict and I was reminded that conflict stems from competing desires; either between people, countries, or even within myself. James reminds us that we are called to seek after God and His desires become our desires as we grow and mature in our relationship with him. If God’s desires become my desires and other believers have God’s desires as their own, conflict goes away – we still have personal preferences and opinions but conflict should be mitigated. It was a very good reminder to me that I need to seek God, always, and pursue the desires He has. Well, it was a good weekend and ready for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment