Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great Day

4-days and counting to the “big day”, my first Half! I’m pretty sure I’m not doing this “taper thing” right but I don’t want to go into the race without some training miles for the week under my belt. So for better or worse I did 3.5 miles last night on the treadmill in 25 minutes – my thinking was to get some intensity (yes, all things are relevant and that pace is ‘intense’ for me) while still getting the workout. I also did 25-minutes on the elliptical so not a bad workout for that day.

Today (Tues) was just too beautiful a day not to run – skipped the 6:20 ferry for a nice run in the sun along the waterfront – pace felt good, legs felt good, and got 6.5 miles at an 8:19 pace – if I can do the race on Sunday at that pace, which feel is do’ able, I’ll be happy. That aside, wow! What a beautiful evening and a great reminder that when the weather is good in Seattle, the weather is GREAT in Seattle.

Much blogging these days on the runs and build up to the race but God is doing some great things in my life and in my family – we are really blessed. I continue to pray for wisdom and perseverance in my walk with God and He remains so very faithful to me each and every day. A quick example, yesterday morning I was prompted to call and pray for my wife during my ferry ride into the office – I called her and prayed with/for her, some relationships she is working through, and her day with homeschooling our kids. It was good but God had a real blessing in mind for both of us – about an hour later she called at the office to say that they had just read a chapter in their morning book and it had confirmed and affirmed what I had prayed for her. Some might say, hey – what a great coincidence – NOT ME, God is faithful in meeting our needs and I know that He prompted me to call her and pray with her knowing that these words would be confirmed for her shortly thereafter. He is a good God and he “knows the plans He has for you/me” – we are just blessed to be able to participate in His plans when we are obedient to his directions and promptings.

No comments:

Post a Comment