Tuesday, December 28, 2010

1,500 mile glide path

Hard to believe but I'm only 6-miles away from logging a total of 1,500 miles for the year.  Don't know what that looks like compared to others but it is more miles than driving from Seattle to San Diego, ok so it took me a year to do it but still - not bad I'm thinking.

Got a nice run in tonight while waiting for the ferry, although the forecast is for snow tonight and Wed, the evening was dry and mildly cold.  Got 3.5 miles (best estimate since my Garmin battery was dead) - pace felt good and the total time was 32-minutes so I'm guessing the miles conservatively.  Anyway, a good run and certainly mind clearing. 

Will register tonight for a New Year's Day 10-k in Gig Harbor - it's a fund raiser for Fire/Police and I thought this would be a great way to start off the new year.  After the run we'll grab brunch and then meander back home or to the indoor soccer fields in Bremerton where the boys will be playing in a fund raising tournament which benefits the Children of the Nations Orphanage - the boys and I have played in this for the last 6+ years, I'll do the 10-K and leave the multi-game soccer tournament to the young bucks.  A good weekend ahead and only 6-miles to go to attain 1,500

No comments:

Post a Comment