Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wet, Windy, Wednesday

It's 7:30 Wed evening and I'm just on the boat heading home - long day and a long week!  Missed the 6:20 so I though all care aside, put on the running gear and headed out in the wet and windy night.  After the day I had it felt great to get the heart rate up and some sweat going - tonight I needed some decompression.  Got 4.3 miles logged in a 33 minute run - felt really good and looking forward to a hot shower, a bowl of soup, and early to bed.

I declare God is good and is a God of power.  I had a committee meeting this morning with the Directors and it had multiple facets that could have become difficult - I was a bit concerned, well prepared but concerned none the less.  I prayed specifically for wisdom, courage, and clarity of thought this morning for myself and specific to the Director's I prayed that God would handle their mindset and emotion and that regardless of the outcome He would give me peace in knowing that I have been chosen and accepted by God through salvation in Jesus.  God answered my prayers and as I left the meeting and headed into my next meeting I was praising God for His faithfulness to me - In the book of John chapter 15 Jesus teaches us that if "we are in Christ (his own) and ask of God, He is faithful to give us what we ask for"  To clarify, God is not a vending machine but the foundation of this is that I am in Christ - I want to be more and more like Him and I want Him to be glorified through my words and deed - not for my glory but for His.  I praise God for His faithfulness and blessings which are new every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment