Sunday, December 12, 2010

New week - good start

Well - it ranined like crazy here all weekend.  Saturday was a solid rain all day and on top of a full day of meetings and events, I ended up at the gym at 7:00pm to get some treadmill work.  Got 7-miles done but was not happy to be on the treadmill - a necessary evil in my mind.

Today was absolute downpour all morning (5-inches overnight) and local flooding - even at church this morning.  A side-note, spent the first 20-minutes of the service digging a trench to drain water away from a conduit that was spilling into the building electrical room - that's a first for me!..Got home mid-day and the rain had slowed up so I got on my gear and hit the road.  Got 8.5 miles in with minimal rain and then was off to my daughter's symphony concert.  It was great to be on the on the road and actually moving somewhere with each stride I took versus Saturday on the treadmil.  Goal for the week is to get 35-miles to compensate for the lighter week just passed.  Need to factor in a rest day on Saturday though in planning for the 12-k race on the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment