Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday rush

Well it’s Tuesday and the week is off to the races – big time. Got runs in on Sunday and a short run yesterday – nothing today. Sunday was really enjoyable as I ran with a new friend from church, a spontaneous phone call to him to see if he was free and it worked out. Met him at the high school and told him it was his call on the route and pace, I’m game for something new and different. A good run that took us out and through the Grand Forest on some trails and back – total miles here was 5.5. It rained a bit but hardly noticed as we hit the road and had some good conversation. As a solo runner usually, it took me a while to get my conversation in the flow of my breathing but did manage to get that down. We took the run at a nice easy pace, which felt good after logging 10-miles on Saturday. Once we parted company I jumped on the track at the High School and rounded out the total miles to 7 for the day – all very enjoyable and I look forward to running with Ruben again.

The “work-front” is going full power with lots going on as we gear towards the end of the year, it seems every day the stress level dials up another notch and other than some time off (which adds its own element of stress – being gone and knowing things have to get done) before Christmas work-life won’t slow down. I’m reminded more and more each day that my goals are eternal, not of this world. Yes, I want to do an excellent job in my vocation, I want to be well regarded, I want to be successful… BUT the things that are eternal all cover over the top of that – I want to have an impact on customers, team members, vendors, etc for my Lord and Savior. As Chip Ingram says, God has me in His “velvet vice” right now – not enjoyable but I do trust and have faith that the work He is doing in my life is for a greater plan and purpose. I need to rely on that knowledge and trust that He has plans to prosper me. Read in John 15 this morning the words of Christ to his disciples – very good words that “re-grounded” me in the purposes of Christ and what a promise that Jesus counts us as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment