Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday

It was a busy week with work and evening meetings but still managed to get some runs in, although they were short. Today (Sat) was a beautiful winter day – frost on the roads this morning but sunny and cold as the day went on. I waited until later morning to head out so the frost and ice was gone and then got a great run in – the sun was out, my son came along, and it felt good to be out and know I was not under any time constraints. Got 10-miles done in about 1:20 so the pace was ok and I just enjoyed the time and workout.


I have also been watching closely the wildfire burning in Israel and praying for the people and communities that are being threatened. My wife and I were in Israel in 2007, spending 5-days in Haifa where we were blessed by attending a Shabbat service with a messianic congregation on Mt Carmel – we got to know many people there and saw that God is working in a mighty way through the people in this congregation – please pray for Or Hacarmel (the congregation) for the safety of its members and protection of the buildings and property. Last report I read was that with the international support of air-tankers, helicopters, foam and fire retardant the government was hoping to have the fire under control by tonight – we are praying for exactly that. I am reminded of Gen 12:3 – we need to stand in the gap for Israel and bless them. God told Abraham that He would bless those that blessed him and He would curse those that curse him. Personally I want to be blessed and see God’s chosen people and His promised land blessed and protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment