Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all - celebrate the birth of our Lord & Savior.  We had a great morning with our gift exchange and enjoying a late breakfast.  The highlight gift for the kids was an Xbox Kinect with both a dance game and sports - we all played and I was rated as a "D" to "failure" in the dance game but held my own in bowling and ping-pong.  After that workout I did the real thing and got out for a 5-mile run in the neighborhood.  It was a great morning, temperature in the high 40's and dry.  Lot's of people out walking and we all exchanged holiday greetings.

As I ran I prayed and pondered.  It is really an amazing thing to think that God so loved the world that He gave His only son" and that God's perfect plan for our salvation started with a baby - I realized I have not really pondered that concept, I knew it and have accepted it but when I sit and think about the plan God used it is really amazing and all inclusive - if anyone accepts Jesus Christ as their savior and believes that he died for your sins, rose again on the third day they are forgiven and counted as sinless before God, all through the the plan that began on that first Christmas when Jesus was born.  My last thought on this run today was that God has a plan for each of us and as I meditated on my running verse found in Hebrews 12:1-2 it states that we are to "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith" - if Jesus is the author of our faith that implies that He has written our faith story already and that he is providing us opportunities each day to fulfill that story through experiences that will grow our faith.  I pray that I have both the faith and courage to see those opportunities when they arise and step into them.  Merry Christmas and praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment