Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cool(er) Running

So I’ve now confirmed I run so much better in temperatures below 80 degrees! Caught the 6:20 ferry tonight and got home for a run in the neighborhood – temp was around 70 at that time, the sun was getting low and it was a beautiful evening. Thanks to my Garmin, I started a wandering run and enjoyed every minute of it. Ended up getting a 1-hour run completed for 7-miles and just beat the dark in returning home. Now that was a rude awakening, I’m not ready for fall yet and shorter days mean Fall is around the corner!


Still debating on whether to go for the full Marathon or the Half in Bellingham on Sept 26th – I know I can knock out the 13.1, if I did it I would be going for a time of 1:45 or under. I’ve never run either but my son and I are putting a race calendar together for the coming school year that we want to culminate with a Marathon, it would be great to do a “first” together. It is also his senior of high school so we might look for one that would be fun to travel as a bit of a Grad present. So, as I type I’m talking myself out of the marathon and focusing on a Half. In the meantime we’ll be building the race calendar over the next week and I’ll add it to the site.

Two days to go until we head out for vacation in Cannon Beach, OR – looking forward to the down time together with my family and just being able to relax. Hoping the weather will be decent for walks on the beach with my wife, long runs, good food, and a good book!
Haystack Rock seen from Cannon BeachImage via Wikipedia


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment