Friday, August 13, 2010

Early start to the weekend!

An incredible day today in the great Northwest, sunny and temps in the upper-80's,!  Took the afternoon off from work to enjoy more of the weekend (and get a jump on the ferry traffic).  Got down to the ferry at around 1:00 and the line was already backed up, BIG TIME - so got the car in line and went for a run.  I knew I had a 2-boat wait so I got a decent run in along the waterfront and then into the Inter-bay area, got 8.5 miles in.  I did underestimate the heat though and didn't take any water, big mistake.  The last mile there are a variety of sidewalk cafe's I run past and I was almost to the point of stopping to ask for a glass of water.  Don't know how that would have gone over with the waiters but it was a very attractive idea at the time.  Made it back to the car without the water stop and got some fluids in me just fine but I don't think I'll forget next time!  Had plenty of time to cool down before finally catching the boat - the 3:00 which left at 3:30....

Feeling good now and ready to settle into the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment