Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend in review

Running on the weekends is certainly my favorite – little to no time pressure allowing me to lengthen or shorten my run as the urge hits me. Saturday morning was a nice run, shorter after my high heat, 8+ mile run on Friday afternoon, but still very enjoyable before the day got too hot. Did a 5-mile loop in the neighborhood which has a great stretch along the water offering a spectacular view of Seattle and Mt Rainier, before hitting the 1.25 mile uphill slog. Ended the run at our neighborhood feed store/general store/nursery/coffee shop (Bay Hay & Feed) where I met my wife for a cup of coffee while sitting in the shade of the garden in the nursery. This is such a great spot to sit, talk, and see people from around the Island. I believe this is one of the best spots and places on Bainbridge!

Sunday was a cooker – I wimped out and did my workout in the gym but got 7-miles on the treadmill (in the AC) to start off the weeks mileage. Enjoyed this further because my son and daughter came and all three of us were lined up on the "never ending loop machines"! Hey they serve a purpose but it’s rare that I’m on the treadmill due to heat, usually it’s darkness or rain. Well, a good weekend all around and got some good workouts in. Short run today (Mon in Seattle) while waiting for the boat. Only had 30 minutes but got 3.7 miles logged and that took the edge off from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment