Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friends - old and new

Had nice evening meeting our new neighbors.  My wife invited the neighborhood over for an evening "ice cream social" to meet the new neighbors.  She has such a gift of making people feel welcome and is always very thoughtful this way.  I was reminded as everyone left how great it is to be in community with nice people, and we do have very nice neighbors.  What struck me later was that during my run tonight in Seattle I was thanking God for all the great people He has brought into my life,  if we would each take 40-minutes, or 5-miles, and consider the people we know and then think back on how and when the connection happened, it's really easy to see the hand of God in many of those relationships.  God's provision for each of us is all inclusive, but I tend to focus more frequently on the tangible provisions/needs and lose track of the emotional and spirit directed provision He is also providing each day through Godly friends.

Both the boys said they ran today so we may have something going here after the Torchlight 8-k.  I'll look around and see if there is a 5-k sometime soon that all three of us can participate in.  This will now give me the opportunity to be outrun by both my sons - I guess it's a Dad thing to be fully OK getting outrun by others (but only if there my boys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment