Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Long Day

Ok -so last night I blew it!  Was going to balance the workout at the gym but ended up running the whole time on the treadmil.  Got 7-miles in and the hip felt better but still pushed a bit too far I think, it was a touch sore this morning.  To compound it, had a 5-hour meeting today so I was pretty stiff after that.  So tonight, a short workout on the eliptical and then home.  The kids are all off to their respective youth groups so it will give me a bit of time with my lovely bride to catch up.

 Lots of "life" going on right now and boy am I tired.  The runs and workouts are a sanity check and balance but I'm in serious need of some R&R which is coming, just not fast enough.  It's too easy these days to simply put my head down and plow through work, instead I'm being convicted that I'm called to the workplace to be "light" and to steward the people and assets God has brought under my influence.  I like the way I heard one man say it "I don't manage people, I manage peoples hearts"  Everyone has dreams, hopes, goals, objectives, fears, and concerns - all of which stem from their heart.  As a Christ follower, I need to be most concerned with the heart of the people that work for me and with me - realistically behaviour and work product will follow suit if I can lead by "managing their hearts".  Isn't that what Christ did as he ministered here on earth?  Yes there was teaching and practicle examples but ultimately He was speaking to, instructing into, and touching the hearts of those that came to Him.  Easy to say but I am praying the words of the Brandon Heath song which says "give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that I keep missing,...give me your heart for for humanity" - don't know if I could truly handle that, but I will trust that He will give me a soft heart and eyes that see.

No comments:

Post a Comment