Monday, August 9, 2010

New Week - new opportunity

Made the 6:20 tonight and will hit the gym for a balance of treadmill work and eliptical.  Appear to have pin-pointed the muscle strain, its actually in my hip and I was shown a great stretch for this yesterday.  I could immediately feel the muscle stretch so I think I've got the right area focused on.  I'll continue to hit the gym until it feels better.  Maybe a run on the roads mid-week and then see how that feels before getting a long run in over the weekend.

Also looking forward to some vacation time at the end of the month.  We have a week planned at Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast and I love the runs along the beach there, so peaceful and relaxing - just have to make sure I don't push my mileage too far since that was when the plantar faciatis started last year.  I significantly bumped my miles (hey I was on vacation and had plenty of time for long runs, not needing to "squeeze" a run in) coupled with running on the wet sand supposedly was a bad mix.  We get to hear Dr. Palau (sp?) this week and we are all looking forward to the week with him and his family, they are great people and his teaching is great.  For now though, got to continue focusing on the job at hand - almost forgot; my daughter got her braces off today after 2-years of wearing them, she in anxious for me to see and I'm excited to see how they look.  (she's most excited about getting to eat salt-water taffy on vacation, while I'm most excited about finally having all 3 of the kids done with the orthodontist - yippeee)

No comments:

Post a Comment