Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stress release

Nice to have a very full day done, complete, in-the book, etc, etc! I don’t know if it’s Murphy’s Law or what but things just always seem to get “nuts” before you go on vacation. A combination of trying to get everything organized and completed, if possible, is kinda like pushing string uphill with a fork! Ok – done with my pity party  I’m blessed and glad to have a great job that is challenging, provides an opportunity to work with some really great people, and is for a company that operates with integrity.

So the stress was building all day and was firmly settled into my shoulders providing the beginnings of a tough “stress headache” by the time I left. Got away a bit before 6:00 so was pretty sure I wasn’t going to make the 6:20 – I was right. So went for a nice run and got 7.5 miles in. Like last night, a beautiful evening and got to enjoy running the waterfront. Unknown to me, this weekend is “hemp-fest” and they were setting up the booths for about 1.5 miles of the waterfront park – oh yea, that’s worth pondering…. Some people, were already celebrating according to my nose – What a sad commentary on our society today that people feel the need to celebrate a substance that dulls the senses and emotions – I guess it’s the escapism that makes this attractive to some people. On the other hand, there is so much in life that we should want to experience in to the fullest – good food, God’s creation, friends, wonderful music, etc – why do we need to dull that? As I ran through the area I prayed for the people that would be attending the event – specifically that they would realize they are trying to fill a void that can only be filled by God.

A complete and full day – a good run, and looking forward to a good evening. Finally, noticing I’m edging closer to 1,000 miles since the first of the year. I’ve been running for 4+ years but that would be a first for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment