Monday, October 11, 2010

Family visit weekend

Had a great weekend with my parents who were in town for the weekend. It was great to have them with us and I am reminded how blessed I am to have parents like this. They genuinely love us and care about what we are doing, how we are doing, and most importantly are praying daily for each of us – what a great example they are of my Heavenly Father who is “interceding” on my behalf all the time!
Did get some running in this weekend although Sat was in the gym and on the treadmill. Did manage to get 30-miles in last week and started this week off with a solid 9-mile run during the afternoon on Sunday. That run felt really good and I could have kept going so I know now that I’m recovered from the race. What is interesting to me though is that my pace does seem to be 15-20 seconds off earlier training times, I need to research that a bit and see if that’s normal or something to focus on. Getting home early today so I’m looking forward to a run on the Island before dark.

Finally, I need to share and proclaim a miracle! A local Seattle Christian radio personalty’s wife had a massive heart attack in mid-July. I was praying for her and sent the husband an email proclaiming God’s protection and specifically seeking a complete healing and restoration of her heart and I know many others in the Seattle area were praying the same way. Well they found out last week that the recent tests are the heart shows no damage nor any scar tissue on the heart – AMEN to that and praise God for this miracle!! I suggest reading Psalm 40:10 to understand why I am posting this but I will again say that God is good and He gets all the praise and glory for restoring this woman’s heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment