Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Missing the long run & blessings

Well, I've partially answered my question from my post yesterday - how can I run faster and increase my pace?  Answer: Go too far out on my evening run and have to race the ferry to the dock!  So I now also understand "negative splits" 8:10 pace for 2-miles going out, then 7:58 and 7:50 for the 2-miles coming back - wow, what a run.

So glad to be getting the sanity-runs in and I'm happy I've been able to enjoy the good weather in the evenings, according to the forecast that is about to change for the worse.  I have missed the longer runs this week though and hope to get a 10-12 mile run in over the weekend if time permits.  Thankful for a healthy body that allows me to run - it's these things that we take for granted each day but I was reminded tonight as I ran past a young women pushing a friend along the waterfront in a wheelchair, we each have much to be thankful for each day, often it is being aware of the blessings that we are lacking, not blessings themselves.  The wisdom of the old church hymn "count your blessings, count them one by one, count your blessing see what God has done..."

No comments:

Post a Comment