Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October Sky

So I need to find out how much of a pace “swing” other people have when they run a hilly course versus flat. Last night I ran in the neighborhood, and it is hilly. I ran 5-miles in 44 minutes so that worked out to an 8:54/mile pace, certainly nothing to write home about. Tonight I ran in Seattle, very flat along the waterfront, and got a bit over 4-miles done in about 33-minutes resulting in an 8:11/mile pace. So, moving from hills to flat cut 43-seconds per mile off, wow. I must be doing something wrong on running hills, which is every time I run on Bainbridge!

Now that I’ve ranted – tonight was a good run, sunny in Seattle and a perfect October coolness in the air. Lots of people out along the waterfront enjoying the evening and preparing to watch the sun set over the Sound and the Olympic Mtns – it was a beautiful sunset. I was reminded of the Psalm I read this morning that was a prayer of “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” (Ps 51:10) – this would be a good prayer to start each day with.

No comments:

Post a Comment