Sunday, October 31, 2010

Running, Gutters, and spiders

A good weekend all around. Workouts consisted of 7-miles on the treadmill Saturday as the skies opened and the rain came down – literally all day. The treadmill was ok and I used the interval speeds to liven things up a bit. Today, had a great morning at church and met someone who is new at the potluck who is a runner too – looking forward to getting to know him better and maybe learn some of the track work techniques. Got home and the weather was till dry so I hit the road and got 8.5 miles in, only scattered rain but a good run.

After the run I had the privilege of cleaning gutters – man do I hate doing that! So not only am I up on a ladder 20’ plus in the air but I’m pulling slimy goop and getting the occasional leg spasm… oh the joys of homeownership in the Pacific NW. Oh yeah, also had my hand in the gutter and got bit by a spider – had this sharp pain in my little finger, thought at first it was a pine needle stuck in my hand but the pain got worse. As I was looking at my hand to see if something was stuck in it, then looking in the leaves to see what poked my, there was this little white spider, just ticked off as can be; up on his back legs with front legs waving at me as if to say “come on man, bring it on” – tough little dude! The little finger is sore and swollen but nothing too big – gutters are clean in preparation for a couple of real wet weather fronts expected this week. Need to get some extra miles in this week if I can but enjoyed the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment