Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday rush

A short run today but an interesting one.  I left the office right at 5:00 tonight hoping to catch the 5:30 ferry and be able help moving kids between jump rope, drivers-ed, and orchestra and then reverse the drill to pick everyone up at the end.  Well it was a good plan and full of high hopes, got to the ferry fine but it was already full – so I changed into my running clothes and headed out.  What was interesting was that the guy in the car next to me did the same and after we both returned from our respective runs we chatted for a few minutes and he indicated he has been doing the “wait for the ferry run” for 15-years!  Wow, I’m not as original as I thought – what does Solomon say in the Bible; “there is nothing new under the sun”  So my run was short as I only ended up with 25-minutes to run but I did get 3-miles in and was plenty wet from the rain by the time I got back.   A good run, met someone new, and still got home in time to do the “pick-up runs” of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment