Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday pothole?

A cool wintery day in Seattle – forecast for white rain possible over the weekend, I’m not ready for that yet. Getting consistent, but short, runs in this week, which is better than none but still looking to get some open road and miles into the log. Last night (Wed) hit the gym for a short 30-min run on the treadmill and got in 3.6 miles. Tonight I missed the 5:30 ferry so I headed out along the waterfront, got 35-minutes in for 4.4 miles. It was dry, breezy, and crisp – a great evening to run. I’ve now actualized one of the pitfalls of running in the dark… “potholes”. So I’ve got my headlamp and feeling pretty bullet proof, all things considered, but boy did I step right into one and rolled my ankle – the first thought that crossed my mind was “ oh, snap – I’ll miss the boat now”. Kept running for a few strides and realized I had just rolled it and could keep going – next thought was this better not become an issue and knock me off the training I’m doing. Perfectly natural thoughts, I believe, to a potential injury –all within 3-seconds of each other. Should be ok though now that I’m sitting in the car it’s a bit stiff – should be fine though.

Looking forward to the weekend, working from Kitsap tomorrow so my commute is done for the week, Yeah! As we come into the Thanksgiving week it is good to give thanks – Psalms says we are “enter into His presence with praise and thanksgiving” not just on the 3rd Thur of November each year. I have much to be thankful for, I have been blessed by God and can proclaim “The Lord has assigned me my portion and my cup, He has made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, surely I have a delightful inheritance.” Ps 16:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment