Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy B-day

Birthday number 44 arrives! Not all bad when you consider the alternatives though!! A good day with phone calls from family and a fruit tart pie at the office. Got a run in tonight waiting for the ferry and although it was still a bit windy, it was dry and nothing like the 60+ mph winds in the area yesterday. It was really good to be out on the road along the waterfront, ships lit up on Puget Sound, City lights on the other side, really a beautiful place to run. Did 4.6 miles in 37 minutes for an 8:15 pace – felt like I was doing better, which my garmin said I was. On the outbound 2.3 miles (wind at my back) I did an 8:05 pace but coming back (head wind) I slowed to 8:25 – doesn’t matter; I’m 44 and grateful to God for lungs, legs, knees, etc that all work great and allow me to enjoy this sport.

Finally, we have friends in process (as I type) of trying to complete an adoption of a 5-year old girl in Israel. This final stage of a 2-year process has been 3-weeks of traumatic meetings and emotional swings. I sent them an email this morning and as I typed it I felt like I was preaching to myself as well. Here is the content: As I was praying for you last night the parable of the persistent widow came to mind (Luke 18:1-6) and I thought of you. As children of God we are called to be persistent in the things he has placed on our heart and since God is a God of justice we need to be like the widow – “she kept coming” and “kept coming”, etc, etc In verse 7 it says “And will not God bring about justice for His chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night… I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.” - this is my prayer for you today. I was struck that this should be our prayer every day for others and ourselves – God will see that they get justice, and quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment