Monday, November 22, 2010

Snowed in Seattle

Winter blast or winter bummer? Wow, what a day in Seattle! Freezing temps, snow all day long… getting home is the battle right now, no running, just trying to stay warm and get the old Volvo up the hills to Bainbridge. It took me 1-hour tonight to drive 3.5 miles (office to the ferry) I left at 4:20 and was fortunate that traffic on the boat was light so I did make the 5:30 – now to make it from the ferry to my home and I’m praying we don’t lose power. Forecast calls for night temps to be down in the 20’s but with 30-40mph winds, with the wind-chill temps will be 0-10degrees. Man, last year the weekend before thanksgiving I was mowing the grass.

Over the weekend I did get some decent runs in, on Saturday I did 8.5 miles and Sunday 7.4 miles. Sunday was cold and snowy, but fortunately the snow was not sticking to the ground so the run was kinda fun, at least until my running jacket got wet and the wind hit me, making the last 3-miles actually very cold – was glad to get home and into a hot shower. The runs were good but I did realize I need some winter gear, if nothing else some running pants – can’t do 30 degrees in shorts. So I start the week with a weather cancellation on the Monday run and most likely the same on Tues. Might get to the gym tomorrow if the power is on and the roads aren’t too icey, otherwise I’ll need to make up ground on Wed before Turkey day. This is not the Seattle weather we’ve all come to know, Wow.

PS – glad I’m sitting in my car on the boat, with winds at this speed we are really rockin-n-rollin – and I’m on the lower deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment