Sunday, November 28, 2010

On the Road Again

Finally got off the treadmill and back on the road - yipee!  On Saturday started out on the road and felt really good so I opted to go a route that would get me 13-14 miles - roads were dry but still had piles of sand and tree branches on the shoulder so I treid to map my route that would give me the least traffic and the best chance of have a shoulder to run on.  Got 13.5 miles in and although it felt good, some of the hills on the route were steep and long and they did kick my rear at certain times.  If my Garmin is correct, the total elevation "ascent" was over 3,400' so the fact that my time was slightly over 2-hours won't bruise my ego too much.  It was good to get the road miles in and to get some distance logged.

Today I'll hit the gym with some cardio and some stretching to get the kinks outs - 

No comments:

Post a Comment