Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Physical and Spiritual Training

This was a full and incredible weekend! Greg Laurie held a Harvest Crusade in Seattle this weekend and we attended 2/3 nights, it was really great and I’ll touch on that below. Our church, Island Church also hosted RT Kendal and we heard him Sat and Sunday morning and had a chance to meet with him Sat over lunch – if you ever get a chance to hear this man, make the effort, you will be blessed.

Between all of that I did get to the gym late on Saturday and did 30-minutes on the elliptical and 30-minutes on the treadmill and then on Sunday the sun was out so I hit the road for a quick 7-miler before catching a ferry into Seattle and that felt really good. The challenge I’ve got right now is that I’m still getting 30-miles per week in but because I’m increasing pace, I’m getting the miles in with shorter workouts and that is actually working against my weight, kind of. I say “kind of” because I’ve gotten a bit careless on what and when I’m eating, a few too many treats late at night that has resulted in 5-lbs added to my not so lean physique… my goal this week is to get back some discipline in both workout minutes and calorie intake. Nothing insurmountable but I need to get in front of it.

So a few quick comments on the Harvest Crusade (http://www.harvest.org/) – the time of worship was as close to heaven as I think we can get here on earth! To hear an arena of 15,000 plus singing praise was simply awesome. Last night Greg was speaking on hope and he had a guy named Nick Vujicic, who was born with no arms or legs, there who gave him testimony – it was really amazing to hear the hope and joy this guy has which is driven by his faith and trust in God (http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/). His testimony is powerful and I’m getting his book – Life without Limits. Greg’s messages were great and I believe many lives were touched and changed in the Seattle area by these three nights.

So a good weekend that was full of encouragement and connection. (7/1259)

No comments:

Post a Comment