Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend away

A good weekend full of family and “jump rope” tournament. My daughter had a jump rope tournament in Abottsford, BC this weekend and we all went to cheer her on. The great part of this was that my wife has two sisters in Lynden, WA as well as her Mom in Abottsford, BC so we were able to stay with them and have some catch-up time. The tournament was great and my daughter did very well in the speed events almost getting a PR in the 60-sec speed with a count of 137! Wow, I think I would be passed out on the floor myself!

The boys stayed with the Uncles and enjoyed Saturday, I went to the tournament and then got a very nice run in the afternoon. I don’t know the neighborhood and City well enough to simply go and explore, but I did find a nice long road that allowed me an out-and-back route that logged 9.5-miles. Held an 8:30 pace throughout which was pretty good but I could really feel it later that evening. I’ve been getting the weekly mileage in but with the time change and other scheduling issues have missed the 10-mile runs that I got on summer weekends – well, I paid the price last night and needed to get the foot massage ball out. It also didn’t help that I’m tired and need to get more sleep each night. Well – it was a good run that I thoroughly enjoyed. Got 6-miles in tonight, back at home, on the treadmill so it was productive while on the road.

Finally, the boys and I are registered for a 12K in Kirkland in mid-December, that will be fun to do with both the boys. The race is called the “12-k’s of Christmas” and we are going to run in our “Santa hats” – if they’re not too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment